Written applications should include:
- the application form;
- a curriculum vitae (CV) (in English; maximum 4 A4 pages)
- a certified copy of the university degree
- proof of competence in the English language (see Admission Requirements for details)
- a brief statement of your reasons for attending the program
- written evidence of relevant practical professional experience (
one yearminimum, or a letter requesting and justifying an exemption)
- two confidential references from different institutions, on the confidential reference form, each signed personally by a professor or employer, in English, German, French, Spanish or Russian.
Notes concerning the application form,
CV and references
Applicants are especially requested to note the following points:
- All applications to attend the Master’s Program must be made on the application form provided on this website.
- If possible, the application form and confidential reference forms should be filled out the form electronically in MSWord and printed on A4.
- use Tab, PgUp/PgDn or cursor to move from field to field
- use F1 to get help with some fields
- please note that each field has a limited size, so do not enter more characters than are visible)
- if the form cannot be completed electronically, please write clearly
- All fields marked with ∆ must be completed fully where the information is available (incomplete applications cannot be processed).
- Give a copy of the completed application and all supporting documents to each of the referees named in Section 9 of the application form.
- Applications and supporting documents may be faxed/emailed, but originals must also be sent by post, but please do not send original degrees/diplomas. References must remain confidential from the applicant.
- The CV should be accompanied by a certified copy of an official university transcript of academic record (where this is not possible, a list of all subjects taken within university courses showing the grade/mark received should be provided in the CV).
Please hand in all documents via E-Mail and Post / Mail. Please hand in the application form in Word Format. Otherwise, your application won't be accepted! Please be informed that certified copies of required documents sent by post for admission will not be returned back to the applicant.
The application form and all other documents including the sealed references should be sent to:
Master of International Human Rights Law
Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
Große Scharrnstraße 59
D–15230 FRANKFURT (Oder)
Federal Republic of Germany