Governance of Organizations – Concept of a New Bachelor Degree!
Project of a Double Bachelor Degree of the European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) and Adam Mickiewicz University Poznan
The European University Viadrina together with Adam Mickiewicz University are planning to establish at Collegium Polonicum a Double Degree Bachelor "Governance of Organizations". It is planned that the program will start in the winter term 2023 / 2024. On this page we already inform you about the key points of the planned study program as well as about the progress related to its establishment.
For all questions please contact: goo(at)europa-uni.de
- ACRONYM “GOO”: Goo with double O means GO fast to your aim but do not forget how important the way is! Double OO means double bachelor, double profit, double countries, double happiness! At the same time GOO is an abbreviation of Governance of Organizations.
- FUNDAMENTAL FORM: Full university bachelor (B.A.) by Adam Mickiewicz University (Faculty of Political Science and Journalism) & European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), (Faculty of Law)
- DURATION: 3 academic years = 6 semesters, incl. internship
- LANGUAGE: English
- PLACE OF STUDIES: Collegium Polonicum in Słubice and Frankfurt (Oder) and online
- STUDY CONTENT: Combination of Political Science, Law and Basic Studies (digitalization, languages, etc.)
- DESIRED FIRST ENROLLMENT: Winter term 2023 / 2024
- ACCREDITATION: Both AMU & EUV
- TUITION FEE: Symbolic fees at AMU, no tuition fees at EUV
Chart 1: Study concept
WHO AND WHY SHOULD STUDY GOO?
- WHO CAN STUDY?: High School graduates mainly from Poland and Germany, but also from other countries (e.g. Ukraine). A sufficient conduct of English language (B2) based on formal requirement (similar to the requirements for IBA) will be required!
- WHY STUDY GOO: Acquiring the GOO-B.A., the Graduates can continue with:
- GOO STUDY: Any chosen Master in Poland, Germany and abroad. Within the Basic Studies strong foreign language program will be offered (mainly Polish and German) that will enable Graduates to continue education either in Polish or German language (option DSH examination).
- GOO WORK: The program prepares Graduates to start their professional career directly after the studies. All jobs requiring knowledge in governance and management of any kind of organizations will be suitable (ex. public institutions, private and state-owned companies, associations, NGOs, international organizations, EU institutions, other).
- COURSE GROUP: The course group will be limited to 30 students.
- MARKET SITUATION: There is no similar program in the region of Berlin-Brandenburg / Lubuskie & Wielkopolskie. A very limited offer is present also on national level in both countries.
Chart 2: Innovation of GOO concept
If you desire further information, please do not hesitate to contact us via: goo(at)europa-uni.de