Council of Europe Conventions:
- European Agreement on the Abolition of Visas for Refugees (1960)
- Protocol to the European Convention on Consular Functions concerning the Protection of Refugees
- European Agreement on Transfer of Responsibility for Refugees (1980)
- Council of Europe Declaration on Territorial Asylum (1977)
- Protocol on Asylum for Nationals of Member States of the European Union (1997)
European Union Instruments:
- Council Regulation (EC) No. 343/2003 of 18 February 2003 establishing the criteria and mechanisms for determining the Member State responsible for examining an asylum application lodged in one of the Member States by a third-country national.
- Council Regulation (EC) No 2725/2000 of 11 December 2000 concerning the establishment of ’Eurodac’ for the comparison of fingerprints for the effective application of the Dublin Convention.
- Council Directive 2003/9/EC of 27 January 2003 laying down minimum standards for the reception of asylum seekers.
- Council Directive 2004/83/EC of 29 April 2004 on minimum standards for the qualification and status of third country nationals or stateless persons as refugees or as persons who otherwise need international protection and the content of the protection granted.
- Council Directive 2005/85/EC of 1 December 2005 on minimum standards on procedures in Member States for granting and withdrawing refugee status.
- Council Directive 2001/55/EC of 20 July 2001 on minimum standards for giving temporary protection in the event of a mass influx of displaced persons and on measures promoting a balance of efforts between Member States in receiving such persons and bearing the consequences thereof.
European Alliance of refugee-assisting non-governmental organisations