Council of Europe Convention
About the European Convention:
Recommendations of the Committee of Ministers prepared by the European Committee on Migration
- Integration (general)
- Second generation migrants (Recommendation No. R (84) 9) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 20 March 1984.
- Maintenance of migrants’ cultural links with their countries of origin and leisure facilities (Recommendation No. R (84) 7) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 28 February 1984.
- Community relations (Recommendation No. R (92) 12) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 21 September 1992.
- Improving access of migrants and persons of immigrant background to employment (Recommendation Rec(2008)10) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 10 July 2008
- Vocational re-integration of migrant workers who return to their countries of origin (Recommendation No. R (80) 14) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 18 September 1980.
- Access of non-nationals to employment in the public sector (Recommendation Rec (2004) 2)m Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 24 March 2004.
- Migrants’ housing (Recommendation No. R (88) 14) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 22 September 1988 .
- Legal status of Migrants
- Security of residence of long-term migrants (Recommendation Rec (2000) 15) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 13 September 2000.
- Admission, rights and obligations of migrant students and co-operation with countries of origin (Recommendation Rec(2006)9).
- Familiy reunification
- Legal status of persons admitted for family reunification (Recommendation Rec (2002) 4) Adopte by the Committee of Ministers on 26 March 2002.
- Migration and development
- Co-development and migrants working for development in their countries of origin (CM/ Rec(2007)10) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 12 July 2007.
- Life projects' for unaccompanied migrant minors (CM/ Rec(2007)9) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 12 July 2007.
- Strengthening the integration of children of migrants and of immigrant background (Recommendation Rec(2008)4) Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 20 February 2008.
- Current Trends in International Migration in Europe, Professor John SALT, Consultant, Migration Research Unit, University College London (2005).
- A handbook for front-line professionals. Life Projects for unaccompanied migrant minors (2010) ; Louise Drammeh.
- Economic migration, social cohesion and development: towards an integrated approach (2009) ; Patrick Taran with Irina Ivakhnyuk, Maria da Conceição Pereira Ramos and Arno Tanner.
- Migrants and co-development - Recommendation Rec(2007)10 and explanatory memorandum (2008) .
- Life projects for unaccompanied migrant minors - Recommendation Rec(2007)9 and explanatory memorandum (2008).
- Towards a Migration Management Strategy: Challenges for Countries of Origin (2006), Stéphane de Tapia.
- New patterns of irregular migration in Europe (2004), Stéphane de Tapia.
- Preventing Illegal Immigration : Juggling Economic Imperatives, Political Risks and Individual Rights (2004), Claude-Valentin Marie.
- Towards a migration management strategy, July 2003, Strasbourg.
- Policies on irregular migrants:
- Volume IV: Spain and the United Kingdom (2010); Rosa Aparicio, José Maria Ruiz de Huidobro De Carlos, Colin Manchip.
- Volume III: France, Portugal and Poland (2010); Marnia Belhadj, Nuno Piçarra, Francisco Borges, Anna Kicinger.
- Volume II: Republic of Armenia, Greece, Russian Federation (2008) ; Vardan P.Gevorgyan, Jennifer Cavounidis, Irina V.Ivakhnyuk.
- Volume I: Italy and Germany (2008); Laura Zanfrini, Winfried Kluth.
Legal Status of Migrants
- Collection of Treaties - Migration ; Summaries and texts of treaties (2002).
- Irregular migrants: access to minimum social rights (2006), Ryszard Cholewinski.
- The legal status of migrants admitted for employment - A comparative study of law and practice in selected European states (2005), Ryszard Cholewinski.
- The European Convention on the Legal Status of Migrant Workers (1977) : an analysis of its scope and benefits (1999), CDMG (1999) 11 - - Elspeth Guild, Academic coordinator, Centre for Migration Law, University of Nijmegen, partner, Kingsley Napley, London.
- Diversity and cohesion: new challenges for the integration of immigrants and minorities (2000).
- Framework of integration policies (2000).
- Political and social participation of immigrants through consultative bodies (1999)
- Measurement and indicators of integration (1998)
- Community and ethnic relations in Europe (1991), MG-CR (91) 1 final E -Final report of the Community Relations Project of the Council of Europe
- Tackling racist and xenophobic violence in Europe : case studies (1997)
- The role of management and trade unions in promoting equal opportunities in employment (1996)
- Tackling racism and xenophobia : practical action at the local level (1995)
- Immigrant women and integration (1995)